These days, people are looking for different and useful types of quality online content. A way to meet this growing demand and earn some extra revenue at the same time is to offer online courses.
By offering online courses, you will be able to position yourself as an expert in your field, foster a community of like-minded individuals around your business, and expand your reach—all from the comfort of your own home or office.
Here is everything you need to know about creating a course and boosting your online presence.
1. Pick the Perfect Subject
Your course topic must be something that you are passionate about. If you are not truly invested in your topic, it will show in the final product. Meaning your learners will have a hard time feeling excited and engaged in the material and choose not to pick up other courses you offer.
If you own a pottery business, for example, you might create courses related to beginner, intermediate and advanced techniques; how to load a kiln, or how to choose the right clay for a piece. This will save you time to focus on other aspects of your business because instead of hosting in-person classes every week, your customers can take the courses at their own pace, and not be limited to a registration cap.
2. Test Out Your Topic
You will need to invest a lot of time and effort into developing an online course, so testing the concept before you begin allows you to confirm that it’s a viable online business opportunity.
A landing page or simple site can be used to create a page for the upcoming online course you intend to build. Don’t worry, even though you haven’t created the course yet, you know what topic it will cover. The course description should include a brief explanation of what students can expect to learn as well as eye-catching imagery to emphasize the concept.
Add Call-To-Actions (CTAs) and share your page on social media to generate buzz. If you see a high volume of people on your waiting list, you are probably on the right track.
3. Steps to Build Your Online Course
- Write a course outline: This will help you to lay out the lesson plan, organize your thoughts, and gauge and plan out the project.
- Create the course content: This is the fun part! Now that you have your plan in place, get writing, start recording, and make the magic happen.
- Edit your course: You may have noticed that your content needs to be parsed down, reworked, or reorganized. This step—while tedious— is important, as it will make the course flow better and be more enjoyable for your students.
- Bring your course online: Create the stunning website or page that your online course will be living on.
- Sell your online course: Add it as a product in your eCommerce store.
- Market your content: Create a compelling and engaging marketing campaign to get your target audience buzzing, not only for your course but all the other cool stuff your business does as well!
- Cultivate a learning community: Nothing pulls in interest like word of mouth and reviews, fostering an environment where your students can talk to each other, share tips, and information to establish that tight-knit community in love with your brand.
If you are looking to revamp your marketing strategy through building and promoting your online course, then you have come to the right place— contact The Agency to jump start your online presence!