Rapid city, SD
Des Moines, IA
Director of Business Development
Industry: Marketing & Technology
Specialty: Sales Management & Operations, Business Development
The Agency is hiring a Director of Business Development. The Director of Business Development will perform business development, sales, and consulting functions for companies ranging from startups to Fortune 500. The position is expected to achieve specific revenue and profitability targets for new/existing accounts within the sales region or territory, on an annual basis for prospects.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continuously prospects new accounts within sales region or territory. Follows sales goals and target market criteria that have been established for the region or territory.
- Employs regular prospecting activities such as cold calling, needs assessments, direct mail campaigns, sales presentations, technology demonstrations, promotional items, and client forums.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of The Agency's services, products and systems to consult with clients and propose solutions that will best meet the client's needs and objectives.
- Establishes long term relationships with prospective clients through understanding their business needs and providing appropriate solutions.
- Responsible for completing training and continuing education programs that are sponsored by the Company throughout the year.
- Collaborates with The Agency’s proposal team, the Senior Vice President, and the Regional Vice Presidents to submit superior sales proposals to targeted prospects.
- Collaborates with the Senior Vice President to negotiate acceptable/desirable Marketing service agreement terms and service fees with new clients.
- Uses The Agency’s sales management database to manage data and information critical to prospecting and sales activities. Maintains timely information with respect to calls, meetings, status, and projected volume to each prospect in their territory.
- Provides timely communication with respect to calls, meetings, status, and projected volume of each prospect in their territory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Valid driver's license required
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales, account management, or operations experience in the Marketing industry
- Previous experience contributing, developing, and/or executing strategic plans and leading initiatives to achieve business results
- Extensive knowledge of The Agency services, products, and systems
- Strong prospecting skills with the ability to discover and close new opportunities in the emerging market segment
- Ability to educate prospects and close new business
- Ability to contribute to the development and execution of strategic plans and leading initiatives to achieve results
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal) with the ability to command an audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Must be flexible and prepared to effectively manage last minute projects and deadlines
- Ability to identify opportunities and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products